Decades of Legal Representation in Indiana
For more than 40 years, the attorneys of Christie Farrell Lee & Bell have been representing the wrongfully injured of Indianapolis, including local motorcycle riders and motorcycle enthusiasts. We understand that you are in a difficult spot after being in a wreck because the other party’s insurance company is most likely blaming you for everything. Motorcyclists get an unfair reputation in this way. With us on your side, you can confidently stand up for yourself and demand the compensation owed to you.
Compensation for Victims of Motorcycle Accidents
The focus of our representation will be to maximize your compensation, including:
- Medical costs: The driving force behind many injury claims is to secure the financial compensation that pays for the claimant’s medical bills, which can be extensive. You should be able to receive full medical care without losing anything out of your own finances.
- Lost wages: If you miss weeks, months, or years of work due to your injuries, your finances are going to take a hit. We can work to make sure you are paid for all the wages you have missed, including those far into the future.
- Pain and suffering: Non-economic damages can be pursued in a motorcycle accident claim that pay you for the pain, suffering, and trauma you have been through due to the other party’s negligence.
- Permanent disability: Injury claimants who have suffered a permanent disability can demand further compensation that reflects the hardships and costs the disability causes. For example, you can be compensated for the cost of making your home wheelchair accessible.
- Motorcycle repairs: Technically, the damages you are owed to repair or replace your motorcycle are handled through a property damage claim, not a personal injury claim. Our attorneys can help ensure you are given a fair amount in this regard, too, though.
Do you think you deserve the most compensation possible after being in a wreck that was not your fault? We do, too. Let our Indianapolis motorcycle accident lawyers work on your case, so you can feel confident in your case’s chances.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Our attorneys are prepared to investigate the circumstances of your motorcycle accident to clearly understand what caused it. Furthermore, we want to be able to show beyond a doubt why that cause is not your fault. Through this process, we can argue that all of the liability should be placed on the other party, which is usually a motorist in a larger vehicle like a car, SUV, or truck.
Forms of motorist negligence that can cause a motorcycle accident include:
- Tailgating: Following a motorcyclist too closely is extremely dangerous because motorcycles can come to a complete stop much faster than cars. If a motorcyclist hits the brakes and a driver is tailgating them, then the odds of a rear-end collision will be high.
- Distracted driving: Driving while distracted is dangerous for everyone on the road, especially motorcyclists who do not have much protection if a crash occurs.
- Unsafe lane changes: Motorcycles are smaller than the average vehicle, so they are more difficult to notice. To avoid sideswiping a motorcyclist, drivers need to always check mirrors and blind spots thoroughly when changing lanes, merging, and turning.
We can also handle motorcycle accident cases that are not caused by another driver, but instead by another outside source. For example, if your crash was caused by a defective motorcycle part or an unsafe road condition like a pothole, we can help you identify the liable party and file a claim against them and their insurance policies.
Call on the Team with Extensive Experience
Do not leave your Indianapolis motorcycle accident claim purely up to chance. Get our attorneys on your side right away, so you can know that it is being made correctly and effectively. By the time we are done building your case, it will be ready to stand up to the harshest scrutiny and tactics from the opposition.
Contact us now to request a FREE case evaluation.